Ladd Carriage House
The Ladd Carriage House (1883), one of Portland’s first designated landmark buildings, received an extensive exterior rehabilitation and an interior redesign. Carleton Hart Architecture conducted a historic analysis of the building and developed a design of the exterior that recognizes both its historic significance and addresses modern requirements. The inside of the building has been reorganized with new stairs and an elevator, and the original ‘hayloft’ area with its impressive trusses has been restored.
In 2012, CHA performed tenant improvements for an English gastropub including full commercial kitchen, 2 bars and seating for over 100 patrons.