Carleton Hart Architecture is a mission-driven architecture studio that strives for innovative and equitable solutions to design challenges. A local Portland firm founded in 1994, CHA is passionate about design and community-building through our work in affordable housing, historic preservation, public, commercial, institutional and spiritual projects. Our staff members have joined CHA out of a sincere interest in working on projects that add value to our communities. This year marks our 25th Anniversary and we are looking for new staff members to join our dynamic team of designers and problem-solvers in making the next 25 years at CHA even more rewarding. If you share our mission of Inspiring Community Through Design, we encourage you to apply.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Carleton Hart Architecture offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including: 401k employer contributions, company paid medical, vision, and short-term/long-term disabilities insurance, transit passes, and incentives for other sustainable commuting.
CHA believes in staff development, open participation, and encourages staff to be involved in firm initiatives. In-house committees allow staff to focus on areas of interest and have an influence on office operations. Our Innovation Lab grant offers opportunities for independent research projects. As an office, we participate in a variety of community service activities throughout the year and support individual efforts through paid time for volunteering at area service organizations. We encourage a positive team-minded work environment with frequent company events and celebrations.
Please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com. Please no follow up phone calls, walk-ins, or emails.
CHA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Project Manager +
As a Project Manager you will be involved in all aspects of project and office management, using your design, technical knowledge, staff development, and leadership. CHA is a collaborative environment where initiative and creative thinking is highly valued, and where Project Managers encourage, lead and mentor teams and staff. The ability to lead and manage a team through complex projects is critical for the position. Project Managers are also key leaders in managing and developing client relationships as part of overall business development activities at CHA. Excelling in this role will yield opportunities for advancement to the Leadership Team and becoming a decision maker in the firm.
Position Requirements (skills you bring to the job):
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree from an accredited school of architecture
- 12 + years of experience
- Licensed Architect
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic skills necessary to communicate concepts and solutions to team members, clients, consultants, contractors, and the public
- Strong organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Ability to contribute to all phases of a project from marketing and pre-design services through programming, concept design, design documentation and construction administration
- Technical knowledge of architectural and engineering components of buildings
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam and Revit.
- Ability to manage multiple project teams including scheduling and budgeting
- Experience in performing assignments of substantial variety and complexity for community-oriented projects
- Interest in participating in firm management, business development, and leadership
- Sustainability Credentials: LEED AP, CPHD, WELL
- Experience with Land-Use process and Community Engagement facilitation
- Experience in Multifamily housing, Multi-Use, Commercial and public/governmental projects
Responsibilities (activities you will do:
- Contribute to all phases of a project from pre-design services through programming, concept design and construction administration.
- Build internal and external project teams with qualifications appropriate to the project.
- Supervise, coordinate, plan, mentor and review the work of multiple entire project teams on multiple projects of various sizes.
- Provide guidance necessary to ensure project teams meet CHA standards for design, documentation, technical performance, and graphics.
- Assist project architects in managing changes in scope, schedule, and fee throughout the project to ensure project success.
- Develop, negotiate, and execute the project scope, fees, and schedule.
- Communicate and coordinate project staffing needs with project teams, other project managers and with firm leadership.
- Work with Marketing Director on pursuing business development opportunities and participate in marketing activities.
- Work with Principal-in-Charge and Finance Manager to ensure positive financial performance and manage risk exposure for the firm.
- Understand trends in the A/E/C industry and keep abreast of influences impacting CHA clients.
- Encourage a positive team morale and inspire a collaborative and accountable team environment.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no follow up phone calls, walk-ins or emails.