Career inquires, please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no follow up phone calls, walk-ins, or emails. CHA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Project Architect +
Carleton Hart Architecture is a mission-driven architecture studio that strives for innovative and equitable solutions to design challenges. A local Portland firm founded in 1994, CHA is passionate about commercial, public, housing, historic preservation, institutional, and spiritual projects. Our staff members have joined CHA out of a sincere interest in working on projects that add value to our communities. This year marks our 25th Anniversary. We are so proud of what we’ve accomplished in the first 25 years and so excited about what is to come. We are looking for new staff members to join our dynamic team of designers and problem-solvers in making the next 25 years at CHA just as rewarding as the first. If you share our mission of Inspiring Community Through Design, we encourage you to apply.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Carleton Hart Architecture offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including: 401k employer contributions, company paid medical, vision, and short-term/long-term disabilities insurance, transit passes, and incentives for other sustainable commuting.
CHA believes in staff development, open participation, and encourages staff to be involved in firm initiatives. In-house committees allow staff to focus on areas of interest and have an influence on office operations and our innovation lab grant offers opportunities for independent research projects. As an office, we participate in a variety of community service activities throughout the year and support staff’s individual efforts through paid time for volunteering at area service organizations. We encourage a positive team-minded work environment with frequent company events, happy hours, potlucks, birthdays, holiday and summer celebrations.
We are looking for a well-rounded Project Architect that is interested in getting involved in all aspects of project development, demonstrating skills in design, technical knowledge, and construction administration. CHA is a collaborative environment where initiative and creative thinking is highly valued. Your ability to communicate clearly, think strategically, and work collaboratively with others is essential. As well, your strength as a mentor and ability to guide a team through complex projects is critical for the position.
Job Title: Project Architect
Supervisor: Project Manager / PIC
Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 7+ Years of experience
Project Architect Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited program.
- Architectural License in Oregon.
- LEED AP Preferred
- Commercial and / or civic building type experience
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with job captain in developing drawings and specifications
- Responds to contractor questions during bidding/negotiations
- Supervise, coordinate, and review the work of multiple teams.
- Communicate effectively with diverse teams on complex projects.
- Develop designs, documents and specifications
- Support the project by coordinating with public agencies to obtain building permits.
- Interact with the client to achieve project goals.
- Adhere to and ensure CHA processes, graphic standards are met.
- Provide strong leadership on projects.
- Communicate project deadlines, project milestones, staffing needs and changes with project manager.
- Be a recognized essential resource to other CHA staff.
- Develop, articulate, define and execute the project scope for a wide variety of projects.
- Perform QA/QC.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Please no follow up phone calls, walk-ins or emails.